Pages

Friday, March 27, 2009

Welcome our latest student blogger, Jennifer H.

One year ago, I would never have thought I would be spending my nights in a dorm room, living with my biggest soccer rival from the four years I played in high school, and waking up to fire alarms at 5:35 on a Monday morning. I knew I wanted to go to college, but I had no idea where, or even what I was going to major in for that matter. Everything seemed “up in the air” with my life, but now I can thankfully say that the weeks of anticipating the drive away from my small town, Brandenburg, KY, and into a new one, Bowling Green, are over. My name is Jennifer, I’m a freshman majoring in psychology, and I love life here at Western Kentucky University.

To be completely honest with you, I was totally unsure about where I would be attending college after my senior year of high school. Seriously - I applied to 17 different schools. You may be wondering why I chose WKU, or what was so special about this particular university that caught my eye? That is an easy question; what is there not to love? When I was here on a visit last year, I was taken on a personal tour of the campus with a senior representative. I had a meeting with an Honors Admissions Counselor to discuss the exciting opportunities that were in store for me. I was offered a very nice scholarship, one that has given me the opportunity to reach out to prospective students and their families, like you. The campus is beautiful, no matter if it is 75 degrees or 28 degrees. I also love my professors, those who go the extra mile and care about their students’ success. There are so many opportunities to get involved it is unreal. I am a member of Baptist Campus Ministries and the Special Events co-chair of the Honors Club. The opportunities are endless.

That is only a short glimpse of all the wonderful things Western Kentucky University has to offer. The picture is different for everyone, and you can make it as colorful as you wish. I cannot see myself at any other college than WKU. It is a perfect fit, and I hope it can be for you as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment