Pages

Friday, June 26, 2009

The Way You Make Me Feel


Well, hello again. It’s been about a month and I’ve been busy working away. I had to write to you today because something tragic happened yesterday. It had been a long day working and I was tired. I was working on the call list when one of the telecounselors yelled, “Michael Jackson is dead!” Everyone erupted and was so completely shocked. As the night went on I still couldn’t believe it. He seemed like one of those celebrities that would live forever. Even though he may have been weird as a person, as an artist he was definitely what they referred to him as, the King of Pop.

I can remember back in high school how we always wanted to dance to his music for our dance routines. Every year we put on a huge thriller production at the football games and we took almost all the moves from his video. Our makeup and costumes represented the dead. It was so much fun. Another dance routine we combined a lot of his songs and even had the silver glove and exposed our white socks. He was an icon!


I know every word to every song and it is so hard to not sing and dance when you hear them. His death was so sudden! It’s sad too because he was getting ready to do his comeback tour. That would have been awesome! As I think back to my moon-walking days, I will always remember the joy that MJ brought to my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment