Pages

Sunday, June 7, 2009

WKLT 2009



Hey there! I know it’s been a while, but I have been super busy! This past week I have been a camp counselor for the Women and Kids Learning Together Camp through the women’s studies department. This is just one of the many ways to get involved at WKU. The week was jam packed and so much fun. I met some great kids and other students through this camp. The first day alone was awesome!!! Greenhouse poetry came to help the kids write their own poetry and I got to eat lunch with George Ella Lyon. You might recognize her name from the “Where I’m From” poem. We also made boomerangs to prepare us for the Australian culture because Tuesday we went to Kentucky Down Under. All the kids and counselors loved seeing all the animals and we even took a cave tour. Wednesday I got to teach all the kiddos a dance and it was so cute watching them. There were relays and water balloon tosses and I got soaked! Thursday was crazy because we were missing some counselors, but they got to see some cool explosions from a chemist on campus and we even got to dye our own goggles. Friday was the sad day because I came down with a bug and missed the graduation ceremony. Even though I missed one day, I loved getting to know each kid and will never forget the memories that were made this past week. I hope when you all come to WKU that you get involved in something as great as this!

No comments:

Post a Comment