Pages

Thursday, February 11, 2010

New Kid on The Blog- Amber P



Well hello everyone, my name is Amber P and I'm the newest student blogger. I'm a 5th year senior from the big city (sarcasm) of Morganfield, KY where the corn crops more than likely out number the residents. I'm a small town girl with big town dreams. I graduated from Union County High School in 2005 and came to WKU the fall of the same year. WKU is the only school I applied to. I just knew this was the school for me after a few visits(excluding my 5th grade trip here). But my mom had her heart on me going to Murray State which was the biggest set up if I'd ever seen one. Besides WKU's outstanding journalism and public relations program, I just fell in love with the campus. I felt at home here.

I'm majoring in Interdisciplinary Studies with an Emphasis is Organizational Communications. I have one more semester left (fingers crossed) until I'm done with my undergraduate degree.

I've been involved in different campus activities here on campus, but I'm mainly a part of FCA which I have been a leader for the past few years, and Campus Crusade for Christ (CRU). These groups have helped me not only grow spiritually but also have given me the opportunity to travel across the country and make lasting friendships. Just last year I was given the amazing opportunity to attend Barack Obama's Inauguration with the political science department and that was an experience that I'm so grateful for. I will be telling my children and grandchildren about that experience. WKU gave me the opportunity to witness history.



WKU has been such a positive experience for me, with the different programs that WKU offers, it's evident that they want you to be successful here. I've always been on a first name basis with my professors and they have always been more than helpful. I still have relationships with some of my teachers that I had freshman and sophomore year. WKU faculty and staff have been nothing more than friendly.
The campus is beautiful and its growing and I love it. I can't wait to come back to Western as an alumni and see what the campus looks like. One of my favorite things to do here at WKU is go to the sporting events, mostly football and basketball. Its such a unique atmosphere and I love it. I'm always entertained and Big Red definitely makes the games more memorable. Oh and by the way no need to be scared of Big Red, he is the best mascot around.

I'm looking forward to updating you about whats going on here at WKU. I hope that you will be joining me on the hill soon. GO TOPS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment