Pages

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Why I love WKU.

I remember when I first came to Western Kentucky University. I came with some people from my high school in the summer of 2004, right before I started my senior year. I remember just absolutely falling in love with the campus. I knew right then and there that I would be coming to WKU in the fall of 2005. There was something about this campus that makes you feel right at home when you come here.

I lived in Gilbert Hall, an all girls dorm when I got here my freshman year. As much as I thought I would hate it, it was an awesome experience. I lived in "The Vally" and me and some of the girls would always go to McCormack hall or Rhodes and just hang out. That environment and community in The Vally was the highlight of my freshman year.

WKU sporting events are always a blast. Everything from the tailgating, to the "Topper Walk", to the game is exciting. The atmosphere on campus during football season is fantastic. The basketball games are a blast too. I've never had so much fun at a basketball game till I came to Western. That's something that you can look forward to in the fall.

I've been here for 5 years now and I fall more and more in love with WKU everyday it seems. There is something about Western that has for one kept me here all these years, secondly has shapped me into the person I am today. There is a saying that you will hear hundreds of times while you are at WKU, and it is "The Spirit Makes the Master." I think everyone has a different meaning for it. For me that spirit has given me the drive to be successful at whatever I do. That is "The Spirit Makes the Master".


No comments:

Post a Comment