Pages

Friday, May 8, 2009

A Year Has Come and Gone

In less than a week's time, I will have officially completed my first year of college and will never again be referred to as a freshman. Wow, it has gone by so quickly! I have made so many new friends; learned how to live on my own (without financial support from my parents!); gained weight, as well as lost some; found a home-away-from-home at a local church, Woodburn Baptist; declared a major (Psychology), even though I have no idea what I will do when I leave WKU; and so much more!

The experience has been absolutely wonderful, through both the good and the bad. For instance, a pipe burst on the 5th floor of my residence hall not once, but twice this year! Our water was turned off for a while and we could not flush the toilets, but everyone banded together and helped out, filling up trashcans with water to empty down the stairwell and offering their towels to those who had water leaking into their rooms. On the bright side, we now have a really cool t-shirt for our hall, with a picture on the back depicting the flood that we "survived," as well as a funny inside-joke that we will never forget.

If I was asked what was my favorite thing about my freshman year at Western, I do not think I could answer! I truly love the Hill and having the opportunity to continue my education, not only in knowledge of history, literature, science, etc., but of life and myself, what I believe and what I am passionate about. College is one of the biggest adventures of life and I am so excited to share my journey with you! With three more years to go, I am sure that I will have many more nuggets of wisdom to pass on to future classes of WKU. I hope you keep reading and feel free to leave comments with any questions you have!

No comments:

Post a Comment