Pages

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

SAS (Semester at Sea) UPDATE!

Things are going much more smoothly than I had ever imagined! After calculating every expense included in my study abroad trip, and neatly arranging it all into an excel worksheet, I know exactly how far away I am from having everything paid for and settled. The good news is that I am only about $3,000 away! Last night, I found out that I have received a Merit Scholarship for $1,500 and a Need Grant for $1,500 from SAS! Then, this morning, I checked TopNet and found out that I had received a Federal Academic Competitiveness Grant for $650! At the beginning of this process, the comprehensive cost of about $27, 000 seemed extremely daunting. How could I ever afford to go?! With patience and prayer, everything has fallen into place and I could not be more excited and thankful that I have this wonderful opportunity to see the world. I will continue to keep you posted! P.S. Only 30 more days until this picture becomes a reality!

No comments:

Post a Comment