Pages

Monday, July 20, 2009

Busy Busy Bee



Student teaching is just around the corner. I’ve finished my summer read of Barbara Kingsolver’s “The Bean Trees” and have tried studying for my next two exams of the Praxis. Again, wish me luck! I passed the PLT so I have one down and two to go! My best friend Amy just got a job teaching at Logan County High School and I’ve also been helping her clean and decorate. It feels so great to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Hopefully one day soon, she’ll be helping me decorate my classroom.

I’ve been discussing the upcoming semester with my teacher and it looks like I’m going to be teaching Macbeth and a dance unit for Arts and Humanities. I am so excited and I’m not sure where to begin to start planning. I have so many ideas floating around in this little head of mine! Haha! I just know that student teaching is going to be a great experience.

I have met so many other people my age because of becoming a teacher because they are on the same path. We all know we can stick together to learn from each other and vent when things go a little downhill. I’m so happy for all of those who have gotten teaching jobs and hope their first year is a success. As for me, I’ll be reading and planning until I turn blue in the face hoping I get to that point where I’m teaching on my own. After the 5th you’ll be hearing from me about all the different situations I encounter during the semester. Hope everyone is enjoying the end of their summers and if anyone has questions regarding admissions…..please call us!

No comments:

Post a Comment