Pages

Thursday, April 16, 2009


Hey incoming Hilltoppers!!! My name is Lee Ann and I’m from Cloverport, KY or if you go by counties, Breckinridge. Some usually have no idea where that’s at, so I always explain that it’s on the Ohio River and there are more cows than people. Haha! I’m not the only native from that area to attend Western; my cousins Jesse, Jaclyn, Jill, and Anna all attend or have attended here. I originally attended University of Louisville my first year of college and decided to transfer to WKU. Their campus was too big and I felt that I needed to be closer to home. At the time, my mom lived in Glasgow and so I started out at the extended WKU campus there. Two years went by, I arrived at the main campus and was finally home…..

I’m now a senior and have changed my major several times, which will probably happen to you and that’s o.k., from Biology to Health and finally deciding on English and Allied Language Arts in the end. As you can see, I have explored many different areas, but am very excited that I’m going to be a high school English teacher!!! Not only will I be certified in English, but will also be getting my certification in Health Education. This coming fall semester will be my last semester at WKU and I will be student teaching. I’m super excited, but will definitely miss the hill when I leave.

My favorite activity outside of school is dance. I have had many opportunities to coach like at Glasgow High School and currently help Greenwood High School’s dance team, which is cool because their head coach is also Western’s dance coach. This campus has many ways to get involved outside of the community.

There have been so many great experiences here at WKU; like in 2004 I represented Glasgow campus as a Homecoming Candidate! This gave me a chance to meet some other successful, sweet girls, attend many activities on the main campus and meet Big Red, who is my hero. As a student worker in the Admission’s office I have also been able to represent WKU in the roadpiece that is sent out to prospective students like you!

WKU during the spring time is the best! The dogwood and cherry blossom trees come to a close second to the bells that chime throughout the day as my favorite feature of the hill. I find myself humming or actually singing out loud to the tunes that are being played, like the Beatles. This could be a scary thing, but I’m usually not the only one joining in. This was definitely the college for me. I have made wonderful friendships and have memories here that I will take with me forever.

So, sit back and get ready for some exciting tales of “The Adventures of Hilltopper Land”!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment