Pages

Saturday, April 25, 2009

Ubercoolness

"YOU WON!"
"Huh? Me? Amber? I won something??? But I never win anything."

Yes indeed. Yours truly actually won something. Yay! How often does this happen?!? Like, never. But I did win a World Topper Scholarship last week *insert happy dance here*. It's a scholarship that WKU gives away to assist with the costs of studying abroad. Go me! There are other scholarships that are offered as well for studying abroad. A friend of mine won a full, all-expenses-paid scholarship from the Student Government Association. How cool is that? Go girl!

During my high school summer breaks I studied abroad in Denmark and Japan. Then two years ago, I spent a semester studying in Argentina. And although I'm sure my family is tired of asking me, "Where to next, Amber?" they congratulated me and wished me luck anyway. Maybe you are thinking I should attend a Study Abroadaholics Anonymous meeting? No way, José! Or maybe you are thinking I must be loaded. Again, no way. Scholarships are out there begging for you... apply for them!

Needless to say, I am absolutely THriLLeD and beyond tickled pink to get the opportunity again!!! You can never travel too much and a study abroad experience is worth 100% of the price, I promise you that.

Spain and Morocco: here I come!!!

Once I depart later on this summer, you will certainly continue to hear more about rewards of globe-trotting.

By the way, my celebrations from last weekend were amazing and loads of fun. And I was incredibly danced-out by the end of both nights. Somehow I even managed to make the front page of the university newspaper. At least I've finally learned how to sign a stunning autograph :P

2 comments:

  1. I thought that was you on the cover of the paper! Funny! I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me. Congrats on your scholarship! How exciting! - Corie

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I were to wager a guess at why, I’d say that users don’t “browse” forms. The interaction style users engage in with forms is different, and requires its own study and design best practices.

    study abroad

    ReplyDelete