Pages

Friday, April 17, 2009

Time to Celebrate!!!

So, I made it. A huge challenge was thrown at me this week with the combination of assignments, tests, a presentation, and a paper all due within two days of each other. Thank goodness this week is finally becoming history. Hasta luego, week of "no-sleep-for-Amber"! I made it through the gauntlet!!! Hooray!

To celebrate, there should be lots of fun things to do this weekend. Tonight is International Night and it is an annual event that has grown quite large. There will be lots of food, traditional clothing, dancing, henna tattoos, and many other very cool things from all over the world. The best spectacle of the night will be yours truly—dancing! A group of us will be performing a traditional Nepalese dance. We have had a fabulous time practicing (whenever we were not goofing off). I cannot wait for tonight!

Then, tomorrow night there is a formal event that I need to start getting ready for now since it takes me quite a while to get all “prettied” up ;). Dancing the whole night long, making a meal out of the tiny snacks that will be available, and having my hair a complete mess by the end of a night sounds like my kind of Saturday night.

Please enjoy your weekend as much as I will!

No comments:

Post a Comment